Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Steam Punk Altered CD

Chipboard project or technique



I had the swap that I joined and it was alter a CD  in steampunk. So Infinity sales these wonderful gears, I knew what I was going to do.



I gathered up all my supplies. This is what you will need to complete the project. 
1. CD  2. Paper of your choice   3. stamps from heartfelt creations
4. brown ink  5. inked lace  6. buttons, 7. key 
8. cloths pins inked  9. model paint in silver, gold, and copper
10. metal mesh  11. sizzors
11. chipboard gears from infinity engraving


Start by painting all of the chipboard pieces.  Fussy cut out the stamped images.
You will need two clocks and two globes.  Put 3D foam between the images so the will look 3D. 


Trace the back of the Cd then cut paper and glue to CD on both sides. I used hot glue to glue everything down. I started with the big gears glued them down on the bottom and continued to layer each thing on the Cd



This is how it turned out. It was a lot of fun making it. The nice thing about steam is that there is no wrong way to do it. Just as long as it looks old, distressed or used it will  work. The think that made this such a wonderful project is the Infinity Engraving sales the gears and you can paint them the colors that you want. This is the web sight so you can go buy some gears. 
http://www.ie-studio-creations.com/home.html

Allie Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment