Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Easter Card

EASTER CARD

Card and Sketch


When I saw the chip board cross, I got so excited, I knew what I was going to make with it. I love making cards and am always looking for different ways to make them. I first had to do my sketch of what I was going to make, then gather my supplies


This is the sketch that I did for the card


  
 


Supplies that you will need to complete your card

1. Cross Chipboard from (Infinity Engraving)
2. Glitter    3. Mod Podge
4. Paint brush     5. Pick tool
6. Glitter paper for the sentiment
7. Stickles for wings of butterfly
8. Four different colors of paper
9. Jute Cord     10. Dies (Stamps of life)
11. Embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
12. Pearls (Infinity Engraving) 
13. glue   14. Foam Squares
15. Ink   16. Paper cutter 
17. Crop-A-Dile corner chomper
18. Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)

  

I started with the cross, so that it  would have time to dry while I prepared the rest of the card. I first brushed on Mod Podge then sprinkled the glitter over the Mod Podge. I wanted to do two colors so that the words would stand out. I let it dry for a half hour, and took my pick and cleaned up all round the letters so you could read the letters better. I set it aside to dry.

I picked out my paper to go with the glitter from my cross. Cut the paper to the size that that I thought the cross would look good on. The size I chose was 4, 1/4 x 8 ,1/2 not folded in half. I cut out 2 more pieces of paper 1/8 " smaller the each other. Chopped the corners off of the the right side on all the layers and the base layer. I then embossed the top layer paper,and punched out the butterflies. Die cut the Word Blessing and the bottom layer to. I then glittered the wings of the butterfly and added the little pearls to the middle of the butterfly. Cut my jute cord.


I inked around all the sides of the paper, glued them in place and added the cross, butterfly and took the jute cord and tied it around the card with a simple knote. This was a very fun card to make. I very much had fun making it. Infinity Engraving has so many choices of chip boards to use for most any project, or even a card. You should go and look at there web page and see. 
http://www.ie-studio-creations.com/home.html











No comments:

Post a Comment