Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baby Shower Banner / Pocket Letter



Chipboard project or technique




I ordered these Chipboard (Baby Circle Set 6 pcs) sku CBDC218 from Infinity Engraving. I wanted to make a banner for a friends baby shower. I had a pocket letter that I was going to a make and thought that I could use one on that also.  I knew that I would eventually use the rest of them in future projects. I am not going to tell you how I put the pocket Letter together in this Blog. But I wanted to show you how I used one of the chipboards. The nice thing about chipboard is you can use them in anything you could think of. Chipboard can replace the paper you would use in a project and it will look really good, or even better.  




Supplies needed to complete Banner project 
 1. Glue   2. Mod Podge 3. scissors 
4. Two colors of Glitter 5. Paint 
6. Paint brush 7. Clothes Pins  
8. Papers for the banners 
9. Chip board  10. Paper cutter
11. Banner Cutter 12. 3D foam
13.  Images from Google 14. Ribbon 





The first thing that you will do is paint all of the chip board pieces. When  it has dried f
or 2 hrs or so, you will then brush 3 coat of Mod Podge over them all, letting each coat dry for 1/2 hour between each coat. Set them aside and let dry while you do the next part.



Brush mod podge on the top of cloths pins dip in the glitter. You will need to do that to both sides of the cloths pins. Do three coats, letting each coat dry between. 


I cut the letter with my Cricut. I did a two layered look.



Glued them together, and turned over to the back and put the 3D foam on back. I cut my letters at 4 inches.



I then cut the paper into banner shapes using my Banner cutter. (We are memories) You can do any size you want I did mine 5 inches. You will then put the letters on the banner, and glue the 2 chipboard pieces to the end of the banner.





Cut your ribbon to the size you want. Take the clothesPins and attach the banner pieces to the ribbon. Make a bow on the end of both side. And ya you have  a baby Shower Banner. She loved it and could not believe that I made this for her. 
Thank you for reading my blog. If  you would like to purchase any chipwood from Infinity Engraving this is the web address.  
http://www.ie-studio-creations.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment