Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Showers bring May Flowers

Card

April Showers Bring May Flowers



April Showers bring May flowers, never really gave that saying much thought. As I was making this card I thought about that saying a lot. What does that mean? Why would people think to say that? Well it's simple it rains and flowers bloom. I love flowers, I have a rose garden in my yard that lines my grass. They are blooming right now and are so beautiful. At the beginning of the month my cherry and plum tree had there pretty blossoms on them. The trees now have fruit growing. So now when April comes next year I will appreciate the saying much more. 



This is the supplies you will need to make this card
1. Stamp (Stamps of life) and some I had  2. Dies (Stamps of life)
3. Ink Thistle, Lagoon, Black (Close to my heart)
4. Scissors  5. Glue (Tombow Mono) 
6. Paper color choice  7. 3D Foam squares
8. Paper cutter  


You will first pick out your papers. Then die cut you umbrella, boots, and anything else you need. I cut out several colors as I was not sure what color I was going to use.


Next you will cut your paper for the layering. Cut your first piece 1/4 inch smaller then the card base, then the next layer 1/4 inch smaller. then stamp your dies cuts and the top layer paper. Making a puddle, and rain drops. Then stamp your sentiment and cut into a cloud shape. Put the 3D foam squares on the back of your images. 

You then add the cloud stickers and put all the dies where you would like them and glue them down. With the boot I put one directly on the paper and the one in front, I used the 3D squares on it. I did that so it looks like it is closer. This was a fun and easy card to make. Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog.
  








No comments:

Post a Comment